Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Smells Like Dog

Well, readers, I've finished Smells Like Dog by Suzanne Selfors and I'm very glad I stuck with it.  It was a little slow to get started but a fun read in the end.  (That could have been more me than the story, I was in a bit of a funk when I started it.  Lol.)  The characters are quirky and the storyline is like a play on treasure hunting novels - in a good way.  I love how Dog grows on Homer and the names of the characters are hilarious.  Great book.  And I was pleasantly surprised to see there is another adventure that came out in May - Smells Like Treasure.  For my readers who aren't into series books, you can read Smells Like Dog and still get a complete story.   I didn't even realize there was another until I saw the picture on the very last page.

This book reminds me of the Geronimo Stilton books without the comic book format.  I highly recommend it for those who want a light adventure with large doses of silly wove throughout.

Here is the author's website:  http://www.suzanneselfors.com/index_flash.php

She has actually written several books for various age levels.  Being a teacher, I especially like that she has links to curriculum information.  :-)

Well, that's it for now.  Appointments are calling.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on this book or on whatever you are reading now.  I'm always looking for suggestions on great books.

And, as always, keep reading!

Mrs. H

No comments:

Post a Comment