Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Strange Case of Origami Yoda

Hello Readers,

Well, I've started The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger.  I'm going to read this a little at a time like I did with my book club during the school year.  In case my book club members are following along and want to join me :-)  (I hope your summer is going well ladies).  This will also allow blog followers to join the club and comment along with the rest of us.  So, this first post is from the beginning of the book through the first 3 cases - stopping before Sara's case.  The next post will be on the next 2 cases - Sara and Tommy/Harvey.

Here is the author's website: http://origamiyoda.wordpress.com/

The author does his own website which is pretty cool, I think.  There are lots of fun pictures and comments.  Worth checking out.

My thoughts on the book so far:  feels like Diary of a Wimpy Kid but I can't quite nail down why.  Some doodles on the pages, but not the graphic novel feel of DWK.  Some nerdy kids, but Tommy (main character) feels more like an "in the middle" kind of kid, if you know what I mean.  I am definitely intrigued.  Dwight walks to the tune of his own drummer, for sure.  I admire people who aren't afraid to be who they are.  I'm looking forward to seeing where this book goes.  I also love that various characters comment on Dwight and Origami Yoda.  It's great to read the different perspectives and it's very funny too.

I hope you can join me in reading this book.  It's always more fun to share a good book than to just enjoy it in solitude!

Have a great day and keep reading!

Mrs. H

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this book. Thank you so much Mrs.Hess for intriguing me into another; different type of author. Although short, it was a sweet story. I'm looking forward to tuning into this blog!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has nothing to do with the strange case of Origami yoda but, I read the hidden child and it was SOOO good!!

    ReplyDelete